I just have to share with you what I have recently learned from my hair colorist.
Did you know that the more active you are, the more likely your hair is to lose color?
The salt from our sweat brings about a mild bleaching effect similar to when you are under the sun or swimming. Additionally, every shampoo and blow-dry will also cost you color, as they open the hair cuticle and let pigments escape.
The pros recommend that color protecting shampoos and conditioners that are guaranteed to slow fading by closing the cuticles should be the prime choice. It isn’t bulletproof though that using these products will resists fading but they are definitely better than regular haircare products in keeping your color.
My brother in law is from El Salvador and he is fond of Latin music just like many of us. He is at his glory when he is playing his own kind of music where much of the typical Latin beat and sound is dominant, so much like the latin percussion at guitarcenter.com that can easily be had by most Latin music enthusiast.
I love listening to Latin music myself. I can’t help but go with the beat and feel like I can dance to the music when I’m at it. Whenever there are parties at my sister’s house, the music of the man of the house fills the air. I, just like the customary guests to their parties are now well aware and familiar to most of the parties that they throw. With the weather getting better and better each day, I can already imagine the many backyard barbecues with a lot of dancing to the Latin music that always dominates.
Here’s to the warmer weather ahead!
Have you ever thought about the fact that there is a specific style of furniture good for dining depending on what you want, what you do, and your personality?
- for those that love to cook: a wide 3’x7′ table that can accommodate 8 will be comfortable so that dinner can last all night, well past dessert.
- for those that love to throw parties: 42″ round drop leaf tables, yes 2 of them is the best choice. it can either seat 8 or 10 people. the round table facilitates conversation.
- for the quiet type: a 3′ oval pedestal table will be good for 4 or 5 people especially geared for casual dinners and weekends over tea and coffee.
There you have it. Maybe you can invite your friends over the weekend for that long overdue get together.
We just came back from our Florida vacation and we had a lot of fun. A week was not enough to take in all the sights and attractions but there will be another trip sooner than later.
That being said, whenever we go away I always make sure that we don’t skip attending the Sunday worship service. Whether it be the anticipated mass on Saturday afternoon or on the actual Sunday service itself. On this trip, it was good to be around people of the same faith. I was particularly impressed at the vocalist as well as the guitarist. I wonder if he was perusing one of the larrivee guitars available at Musicians Friend. Both the vocalist and the guitarist made god music. As we all know, music plays a big role during mass. It can actually make or break the whole service.
But whether it’s good music or not when things don’t go as planned, and the musician or vocalist can’t make it, it’s our presence in the house of God that is more important.
Being hypertensive myself, I ensure that I am aware and knowledgeable of the different signs and symptoms of heart attack. Not that I’m expecting it, but I know that I’m at a high risk because of this pre-existing condition. Further, a lot of women often have symptoms that are atypical.
My doctor has educated me enough to watch out for signs and I’m very thankful of his gesture. Thus, I’m sharing here the different signs when it’s time to seek help immediately:
- If you feel excessive sudden fatigue
- There’s pain and pressure in the neck, the arms and upper back
- There’s cold sweats
- You experience shortness of breath
- There’s chest pain, pressure and you feel full
- You feel fullness as well as pressure in your upper abdomen
- You feel something is painful, numb and there’s pressure in the jaw
- You feel lightheaded and nauseous
I know, if you want to please someone, you will go out of your way to make them happy. It’s a given for most of us especially to the people that we hold near and dear.
Having said that, I know of a friend who is known to do just that. His son has grown to love playing the guitar and now he is in search for his son’s guitar upgrade. He is making sure that he will have it just in time for his birthday so he has been searching high and low online including the portal at guitar center southfield.
This is not an exception. Most parents would do the same. After all, we want the best for our children for as long as it is within our reach.
I badly need a haircut. When I say badly, it is really that bad. I had my last trim in April. It’s unbelievable, but that’s how long it’s been. I used to have it every two months, but because I haven’t really found a “reliable” hairdresser, I prefer to just go whenever it’s absolutely necessary, and I have kept to the same hairstyle for years. That being said, I want to share some tips so you can be confident you have the right hair style you’ll love.
- Know your hair. Hair type and texture is important in determining your hairstyle. Getting reacquainted with your hair will definitely help narrow your search for that perfect style.
- Your facial features also play an important role in getting a perfect style.
- If you can identify celebrities with the same hair type as yours, you can look through them and choose the style you like best.
- The picture of a celebrity you brought may not exactly look the same way as yours. Don’t be too literal about the picture.
- Know how much effort you’re willing to put into a hairstyle. You may love a bob cut, but if your hair is wiry, it will take a lot of time and motivation to straighten it everyday. Think twice before committing to a demanding ‘do.
- Scout for a salon you can trust. An excellent hairstylist will be able to modify a cut to suit your face and hair type. Open communication is key. Explain what you like but be open to feedback from the stylist.
- Make the most of your time while in the salon. Ask for tips on how to manage your cut.