Heart disease involves many factors. This makes us all at risk from low to high. Therefore, we must prioritize our heart healthy to do’s such as:
- Quit smoking or don’t smoke.
- Keep moving. 30 minutes of moderate physical activity is actually recommended.
- Your cholesterol number is important, so you have to watch it and that includes the LDL , HDL and Triglycerides count.
- That waist should be watched. Yes, I’m referring to your waistline. A waist size of 35″ for women and 40″ and above for men will put you at higher risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Watch what you eat. Eating heart healthy food should be a must.
- Be aware of your blood pressure. The optimal BP is now less than 120/80.
Is there anything I missed? Having a healthy heart is important. Many out there are not even aware they are walking around with high blood pressure. As you very well know, heart attack is like a thief in the night. Let’s all be vigilant.
Seagulls are common occurrence right by my neighborhood because I live very close to the sea. Yeah, in the Big Apple in the city there’s a sea. But I’m not going to write about the real seagulls. Who knew there’s another kind of Seagull?
Here comes the brand of acoustic guitars which I discovered at http://www.guitarcenter.com/Seagull/. It’s so amazing to run into so much variety of acoustic guitars. If not for an upcoming birthday however, I would not have run into this brand, let alone find out the wide array of models and the availability of each for every budget. Gosh! I didn’t realize how they can be so expensive.
Since I don’t play the guitar, and don’t know much about them, I have to consult with someone who is knowledgeable. After all, if you’re looking for a present, you would definitely try to get the best. Not just to impress but it’s about being thoughtful.
I just have to share with you what I have recently learned from my hair colorist.
Did you know that the more active you are, the more likely your hair is to lose color?
The salt from our sweat brings about a mild bleaching effect similar to when you are under the sun or swimming. Additionally, every shampoo and blow-dry will also cost you color, as they open the hair cuticle and let pigments escape.
The pros recommend that color protecting shampoos and conditioners that are guaranteed to slow fading by closing the cuticles should be the prime choice. It isn’t bulletproof though that using these products will resists fading but they are definitely better than regular haircare products in keeping your color.
My brother in law is from El Salvador and he is fond of Latin music just like many of us. He is at his glory when he is playing his own kind of music where much of the typical Latin beat and sound is dominant, so much like the latin percussion at guitarcenter.com that can easily be had by most Latin music enthusiast.
I love listening to Latin music myself. I can’t help but go with the beat and feel like I can dance to the music when I’m at it. Whenever there are parties at my sister’s house, the music of the man of the house fills the air. I, just like the customary guests to their parties are now well aware and familiar to most of the parties that they throw. With the weather getting better and better each day, I can already imagine the many backyard barbecues with a lot of dancing to the Latin music that always dominates.
Here’s to the warmer weather ahead!
Have you ever thought about the fact that there is a specific style of furniture good for dining depending on what you want, what you do, and your personality?
- for those that love to cook: a wide 3’x7′ table that can accommodate 8 will be comfortable so that dinner can last all night, well past dessert.
- for those that love to throw parties: 42″ round drop leaf tables, yes 2 of them is the best choice. it can either seat 8 or 10 people. the round table facilitates conversation.
- for the quiet type: a 3′ oval pedestal table will be good for 4 or 5 people especially geared for casual dinners and weekends over tea and coffee.
There you have it. Maybe you can invite your friends over the weekend for that long overdue get together.
We just came back from our Florida vacation and we had a lot of fun. A week was not enough to take in all the sights and attractions but there will be another trip sooner than later.
That being said, whenever we go away I always make sure that we don’t skip attending the Sunday worship service. Whether it be the anticipated mass on Saturday afternoon or on the actual Sunday service itself. On this trip, it was good to be around people of the same faith. I was particularly impressed at the vocalist as well as the guitarist. I wonder if he was perusing one of the larrivee guitars available at Musicians Friend. Both the vocalist and the guitarist made god music. As we all know, music plays a big role during mass. It can actually make or break the whole service.
But whether it’s good music or not when things don’t go as planned, and the musician or vocalist can’t make it, it’s our presence in the house of God that is more important.
Being hypertensive myself, I ensure that I am aware and knowledgeable of the different signs and symptoms of heart attack. Not that I’m expecting it, but I know that I’m at a high risk because of this pre-existing condition. Further, a lot of women often have symptoms that are atypical.
My doctor has educated me enough to watch out for signs and I’m very thankful of his gesture. Thus, I’m sharing here the different signs when it’s time to seek help immediately:
- If you feel excessive sudden fatigue
- There’s pain and pressure in the neck, the arms and upper back
- There’s cold sweats
- You experience shortness of breath
- There’s chest pain, pressure and you feel full
- You feel fullness as well as pressure in your upper abdomen
- You feel something is painful, numb and there’s pressure in the jaw
- You feel lightheaded and nauseous