As much as I can, I try to recycle everything that’s well, “recyclable”. We don’t want the landfills to really get so congested, right? And worse, we don’t want hazardous materials to go near our water supplies. Here’s a list of common stuff that can be recycled.
- Batteries – there are municipal collection centers for batteries, or maybe switch to rechargeables. It will also save some money.
- Cell phones – most major electronic stores accept cell phones to be recycled, or there’s a website called earth 911 to check out links to groups that accept used phones.
- Printer Ink Cartridges – your local Office supplies stores generally accept used and empty cartridges.
- Computers – give to charity or if it’s no longer working visit www.earth911.org to find a recycling center.
- Old clothes and linens – there’s Salvation Army. Don’t forget to ask for a receipt. You’ll get a tax write off.