I am by no means a professional interior decorator, but I love to decorate. I do watch a lot of decorating shows and certainly read up on articles about decorating, and they are my sources of inspiration whenever I’m on a roll to try out my decorating skills in our own home.
Here’s a few tricks and decorating ideas:
- Painting the interior of bookcases with deep blue color somehow lessen the “visual noise” of book jackets.
- Slip-covers are indispensable for the ultimate “wash and wear” house.
- To help hide stains in a high traffic area, use patterns to camouflage stains.
- Pair a natural-finish chair with a painted vanity. It tends to get boring when everything is matching.
- A piece of furniture that has a nice silhouette but a bad finish, can be painted in a clean, high gloss white.