A lot of us think we only need to use sunscreen in the summer, or when we go out and be exposed to the sun for a long time. Based on what I’ve learned, sunscreen should be applied all year round.
- Apply sunscreen 15 to 30 minutes before heading outdoors.
- Your shirt is not counted for protection.
- Apply sunscreen liberally. Don’t skimp.
- If you have to be outdoors for a long period of time, reapply sunscreen often: every two hours or sooner if you’re swimming or sweating profusely.
- A sunscreen that offers a broad spectrum coverage with SPF 30 is the best choice.