Isn’t it nice to give oneself a mood makeover, more so when as I stated in the title, it’s raining on your parade? Here’s some fun ideas:
- Take those photo albums out. Soon enough you’ll be smiling as you see old photographs.
- Take an inventory of love. Think how many times you have been loved all of your life. It may not have lasted as long as you wished for, but you have been loved!
- Sing and belt it out. I used to sing a lot. As I have grown older, I tend to get embarrassed. Why should we deny ourselves of a natural joy maker? So, why not sing a song, even a short, silly one.
- Take a day off. When things are not going the way they are and should be, it’s probably a sign that we should stop and do absolutely nothing. You’ll be able to rise up once again the following day ready to face life.
- Gaze at anything orange. Experts say, that the color orange promotes enthusiasm, happiness and optimism. That’s probably the reason why the husband loves orange. In fact, he would even like to get an orange colored car.
- Indulge on a chocolate bar. Chocolate contains mood lifting chemicals. It’s the one thing that I love a lot. Need I say more?
- Take a moment of gratitude. Think of the three things that you are grateful for. It sure is the easiest and quickest happiness booster I know.
Do you have anything to add to this list?