Over the weekend, I tried to make banana bread for the first time. I’ve had this recipe for a long time shared to me by a friend. Since the husband is not really fond of banana bread, I didn’t care to even try to make one before. The past weekend I still had several bananas. I didn’t want to waste them as they’ve been sitting by the counter and I know they would end up in the trash, if I didn’t do anything. Instead of using the usual bread pan, I used muffin pans for easier serving, no slicing required.
4 bananas, mashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 beaten egg
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix butter with the mashed bananas.
3. Add sugar, egg, cinnamon and vanilla.
4. Add baking soda and salt.
5. Pour in the flour and mix thoroughly.
6. Bake for 45 minutes(I turned on the convection function of my oven to cut baking time; it may take 1 hour if you’re using a conventional oven).