Don’t we all homemakers have pet peeves about keeping our household spic and span? The clean and neat freak that I am, sure do. Let me go ahead and list mine, and maybe you can add to it.
- Stinky shoes, maybe let’s include stinky feet. Washing and drying the feet well is imperative. I am a fan of foot powder, and I always use it whenever I’m wearing shoes all day. Airing out shoes also helps.
- Smelly dishwasher. Ensure that the drain hose is not crimped, and take out bits of food and gunk left in the bottom of the machine. I regularly clean my dishwasher by using a dishwasher cleaner and running it on sanitize setting. If the smell is strong and doesn’t go away, it maybe time to call a pro.
- Lipstick marks. Did you know that it can easily be removed with rubbing alcohol? I do this by using two hand towels; one laid out with the garment on top, lipstick stain face down. Dip the other towel in the rubbing alcohol and dab the back of the stain. It may require more treatments when you’re dealing with those long lasting type of lipsticks.
- Perspiration stains. After applying deodorant, make sure it’s totally dried up before putting on clothes. I normally pretreat the underarm areas with Shout before I put them in the wash. Pretreating existing stains using household vinegar will help to dissolve the stain. Occasionally, I wash shirts that are prone to stain in the hottest water that’s safe for the fabric to prevent build up.
- Crayon on walls. Fortunately, I don’t have to deal with this, as I don’t have a young Picasso in the house scribbling on the walls. A quick fix is a dry cleaning solvent. I think, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will also do the job efficiently. It’s what I use for any marks on our walls. They disappear in an instant.