Before I turn in every night I give my skin a treat. I consider it a treat, because I’m doing my skin a favor. I must say, I don’t have flawless skin, as I’ve had oily skin all these years. Lucky me, most people say, because it’s this same oily skin that hides my real age(no hints here, as the guessing game is on). It’s only two years ago though, that I found my skin’s best friend, as I wrote here, months ago in my other blog, after expensive trial and errors with high end to drugstore beauty finds.
This being said, here’s a list of my treats:
- I wash my face religiously with my fave cleanser, Paula’s Choice. Some people use soap, and experts say it’s fine as long as it’s gentle and unscented.
- Rinse, rinse, rinse. That’s the key, and I rinse with lots of water- not hot but warm. We want to dilate our veins which helps to increase blood flow.
- I normally lather again, then follow up with a rinse of cold water so as to close down the blood vessel. This step helps firm up the skin.
- Towel dry. Upwards direction is a must, why? remember, pull of gravity(you know what that means).
- Use protective products. It can be in the form of serum, moisturizer, or exfoliating products such as those that contain AHA or BHA. It is totally dependent on your skin type.
Please note, that I actually do the same in the morning and it’s a long ritual, but I don’t mind.