I badly need a haircut. When I say badly, it is really that bad. I had my last trim in October. It’s unbelievable, but that’s how long it’s been. I used to have it every two months, but because I haven’t really found a “reliable” hairdresser, I prefer to just go whenever it’s absolutely necessary, and I have kept to the same hairstyle for years. That being said, I want to share some tips so you can be confident you have the right hair style you’ll love.
- Know your hair. Hair type and texture is important in determining your hairstyle. Getting reacquainted with your hair will definitely help narrow your search for that perfect style.
- Your facial features also play an important role in getting a perfect style.
- If you can identify celebrities with the same hair type as yours, you can look through them and choose the style you like best.
- The picture of a celebrity you brought may not exactly look the same way as yours. Don’t be too literal about the picture.
- Know how much effort you’re willing to put into a hairstyle. You may love a bob cut, but if your hair is wiry, it will take a lot of time and motivation to straighten it everyday. Think twice before committing to a demanding ‘do.
- Scout for a salon you can trust. An excellent hairstylist will be able to modify a cut to suit your face and hair type. Open communication is key. Explain what you like but be open to feedback from the stylist.
- Make the most of your time while in the salon. Ask for tips on how to manage your cut.