We all know how the real estate market is nowadays. As everyone had predicted, the bubble finally burst. It is once again the buyers market. Gone are the days when the inventory of homes for sale was low, and every home on the market was selling like hotcakes. The scenario now is the total opposite. If it’s inevitable that you have to sell at this time, here’s a few tips to help you sell sooner; of course that is granting you have set the right selling price and all the sweet deals are out there to lure buyers.
Concentrate on the house’s curb appeal. It’s the first impression your house makes on a potential buyer. If your home has no curb appeal, potential buyers may pull up without going inside, and say “not this one”.
- Touch up the exterior paint. A computer generated color matching can be done to get the exact hue. You can use it to cover up peeling areas, scrapes or any notable eye sores.
- Trim shrubs to below the windowsill.
- Have several outdoor plants with bright flowers. The splash of color added is a nice addition to the general look.
- Get the windows cleaned. Sparkling windows indicate that the house is well taken cared of.
- Get rid of any broken lawn furniture, an old swing maybe, a non-working above the ground pool or any clutter.