Yes, there are rules to live by and that includes proper behavior inside an elevator.
- If the elevator is crowded, ask someone to push the button for your floor.
- Whether entering or exiting, whoever’s in front goes first. Move to the back to make room for more people.
- Put your cell phone calls on hold until you get to your floor. This is annoying when you ride with someone that just wouldn’t stop blabbing, more so if the language is totally foreign to you.
- Resist the urge to preen in the mirror.
- Keep elevator conversations to simple greetings and comments.
Did I miss anything? These are just what I can think of right now.