Spruce up, renovate….It’s the season. For a lot of DIY’ers out there, it’s never that easy to carry out renovations with limited budget, and certainly not that much time in our hands. But if you are pining for a new look, because your kitchen is now starting to bore you, these simple changes can really work wonders –quick.
- Refresh the upper cabinet doors. Repainting is a common option but it’s time consuming as you need to prep the doors. Why not wallpaper or decoupage recessed center panels and raised panel doors respectively. If they are glass fronted doors, you can change the look by spray painting the back of the glass using frosted glass finish spray paint.
- Paint the walls. Remember, there are no correct colors, so a bold color can spice up your walls. Red they say is believed to stimulate the appetite which is why it’s an ideal choice for the kitchen.
- Add an extra work surface a.k.a a work island. Should your space be limited consider a narrow console table. Or go with a rolling cart so you can move it around or store it out of the way.
- Add moldings to add architectural details. A chair rail is good to define your breakfast nook, or maybe add crown molding to top cabinets. You can now avail of precut corner pieces and lightweight resin material for easy installation.
- Accessorize! A vase of fresh cut flowers is a pretty addition, or maybe by simply replacing your old tea kettle can do the trick.