Little areas in your home could use a boost of color. That said, here’s a list of what you can do to freshen the look on any part of your home:
- Transform a short and shadowy hallway. A subtle tone on tone wallpaper with a shade that’s in the same family as the walls of the room leading into the area will definitely tie- in the hallway to the room.
- Revive an old hutch. If you have a corner cabinet and that corner needs to be spruced up, painting the inside can create an expressive space. Add to that plates and dinnerware against that beautiful backdrop will update an entire cupboard.
- Paint the inside of your closet. Won’t you be surprised to see a burst of color when you open that closet door? It’s fun, and because you expect nothing, yet a nice surprise is waiting for you to see.
- Spruce up your staircase. Staircase walls are often neglected spaces. You can turn it into a stimulating pathway to your house’s second floor by painting the steps and the trim and banister with colors that complement each other, say bright green on the steps with shades of blue along the trim and the banister.
- Roll out the red carpet. I mean, install a vibrant runner to create drama in your staircase.