If you are trying to become pregnant, here’s a list of the best types of food for fertility as listed on the book: The Fertility Diet.
- Peanuts NOT potatoes – slow carbs like peanuts, nuts, dried beans, whole grains promote ovulation, while fast carbs that spike blood sugar like white rice, white potatoes and sugary drinks decrease fertility.
- Beans NOT beef – adding one daily serving of red meat or poultry could raise infertility risk by a third. Replacing 25 grams of animal protein with 25 grams of plant protein, such as dried beans could cut risk of ovulatory infertility by half.
- Avocados NOT doughnuts – trans fats are villains in infertility; the more you eat, the higher chances of ovulatory infertility.
- Whole milk NOT fat-free yogurt – women troubled by infertility are advised to eat high-fat, rather than low fat, dairy food. A glass of whole milk a day is recommended to improve fertility.
- Coffee NOT soda – surprisingly, research finds that caffeine in moderation does not seem to interfere with becoming pregnant. Sugary soda can seriously diminish fertility.