Yes, despite the conventional wisdom, a positive attitude can actually prevent achievement and or success. A positive attitude alone is not enough; it has to be accompanied by action. In short, don’t just think positively; act positively. Here are some red flags that positivity is becoming a pitfall:
- Fooling oneself into thinking positively about real negative situations.
- Thinking positive thoughts but not following through on them.
- Crossing the line from confidence to arrogance, and confuse self-esteem with self-importance.
- Setting oneself up for failure by establishing unrealistic goals.
- Wasting time trying to salvage failed dreams rather than focusing on building new ones.
Didn’t we know the effect of the above already in the first place? But then again our minds are sometimes be-clouded and we try to convince ourselves that we are doing the right thing. Little do we realize that yes, our positivity is putting us in jeopardy.