Common household molds are known to be an allergy trigger. Worst, it can exacerbate asthma, and other respiratory conditions. We normally think, molds can be found on shower grout and walls. What if I tell you, they can also be found on your widow sills, air vents and even your refrigerator seals? This is because rain and humidity outside and condensation inside can be a perfect environment for mold to colonize. The porous surface makes it even more conducive.
How do you know when they are there? Discoloration or stains are the tell tale signs. To be more precise, you can get test kits from hardware stores. This will help locate invisible colonies of mold.
Getting rid of this common mold is simple, as it’s already been widely employed, cleaning the affected surface with diluted bleach is effective. Just ensure the area is well ventilated at the time of clean up.