Have you ever thought about the reason why our waistlines are just getting wider? Of course, we know, it’s because we love to eat, and we don’t exercise. Yeah, I’m guilty about that. As I have written on my other blogs, I have gained quite a few pounds, which many thinks I can afford to have anyway. But if I think about the past and weigh in at 110 pounds for a 5′ 5 1/2″ I can’t help but say, “gee, I have gotten bigger through the years.”
Okay, I love to eat just like you and here’s what I think are the reasons why our waistlines are getting wider:
- The serving portions at restaurants are getting bigger, and we are eating more than ever.
- Even at home, we can’t stop eating. Case in point, I can never prepare dishes only for two, as my husband thinks I’m rationing food if I do that. I always prepare food for 5. Go figure.
- We love fast food. And yes, they are high in calories and fat.
- We eat everything. Chips, pizza, sandwich, cookie, we can’t stop.
- We’re not knowledgeable enough to know and estimate our portion size and caloric intake.