There are so many things that we do continuously that can shorten our lives. It pays to be able to stop doing them to save precious lives. Want to know some little lifesavers?
- Bring out the weighing scale and check your weight. Ensure you keep a healthy weight( this is easier said than done, I know).
- Lower your iPod’s or MP3’s volume, as blasting sound can chip away your hearing. You won’t want to be fitted with hearing aids prematurely, won’t you?
- Follow driving rules, or better yet drive safely. This includes wearing the seat belt all the time and refrain from chatting on your cell while on the steering wheel.
- It’s the summer, so all the more you need sun protection. Use sunblock everyday to prevent melanoma. This reminds me to mention, my father in law was just diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep deprivation does a lot of damage more than you think.
- Visit the dentist twice a year. ( Very important!!!!). A lot of diseases can start from having an uncared for mouth.
- Have your annual physical exam every year. Need I say more?
Do you have anything to add to this list?