Heart disease involves many factors. This makes us all at risk from low to high. Therefore, we must prioritize our heart healthy to do’s such as:
- Quit smoking or don’t smoke.
- Keep moving. 30 minutes of moderate physical activity is actually recommended.
- Your cholesterol number is important, so you have to watch it and that includes the LDL , HDL and Triglycerides count.
- That waist should be watched. Yes, I’m referring to your waistline. A waist size of 35″ for women and 40″ and above for men will put you at higher risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Watch what you eat. Eating heart healthy food should be a must.
- Be aware of your blood pressure. The optimal BP is now less than 120/80.
Is there anything I missed? Having a healthy heart is important. Many out there are not even aware they are walking around with high blood pressure. As you very well know, heart attack is like a thief in the night. Let’s all be vigilant.