Some homeowners get inspired to redecorate their homes with each changing season. I personally know one: my sister living in Long Island, who religiously matches the season with the decors of her home. You should see her storage room, it looks like a mini home store. Whenever I visit and I happen to take a peek at that storage room, I always have the urge to “shop.” I always tease her, that she should increase her homeowners policy, because of all these decorative possessions, but she counters by saying, that they are safe, and it’s only her husband’s car insurance policy that needs re-evaluation because he continuously drives like a maniac.
Anyway, that being said, I have a few ideas that I’m sure is worth a try, if you ever intend to do some tweaking on the different rooms in your home.
- Create your seasonal statement using flowers. A vase of tulips in dark colors in the winter or perhaps daffodils come spring or maybe hydrangeas in summertime.
- Think outside the box. Consider using wicker chairs in the living room. Who says wicker furniture are only suitable for outdoor living?
- If you happen to have a fireplace, instead of placing little knickknacks, why not showcase a few special decorative items? If you want to create an understated look, an heirloom artwork will do just that.
- In the bedroom, “matchy-matchy” is now so passe. If you notice on design magazines and books, professional decorators have veered away from that. Nowadays, a bedroom that is outfitted with the whole gamut of a bedroom set(ensemble), that is a give-away that the room was done in a day, no design conceptualization done.
- An armoire is a beautiful way to hide your entertainment ensemble. It’s a totally different story, though, if you happen to own one of those sleek TV’s and installed professionally, no cables and wires dangling.