I’m about to read up on articles about mesothelioma cancer, but before doing so, I’m right here sharing some of my ‘not so secret’ cleaning shortcuts. The cleaning fanatic that I am, family and friends wonder how I keep our place immaculate. Thus, through the years, I have already shared some of them:
- On refrigerator spills (who doesn’t have them?), ensure that as soon as you notice them, it has to be wiped up at once.
- When applying wax on the floor, you can cut the time if you use a long handled paint roller to apply the wax.
- Don’t pile up dirty utensils, pans and pots as you cook. You can rinse them and drop them in the dishwasher at once, while cooking. That will save you clean up time later. Besides, isn’t it always better to have an orderly kitchen when you are going to finally sit down to eat?
- A floor duster with disposable cloth stored in a closet near the bathroom comes in handy for a quick floor go-over during the week.
- A dry terrycloth hand towel is a good ‘weapon’ in keeping those spots on the bathroom mirror and faucets under control. Wipe them up after your tyke is done brushing his teeth and after the man of the house shaves.
- I love my squeegee. After I get out of the shower, I clean the stall/shower door .