1. Don’t even think of signing up for a new credit card, worse asking for an increase in credit limit. This may have an impact on your credit score.
2. Don’t apply for a payday loan, those that borrows against your next paycheck. Please know that these type of loans have exorbitant interest rates which can be as high as 500 percent a year.
3. Don’t increase the deduction on your withholding tax at work with the end in mind of getting a larger take home pay. Why? Because you could end up owing Uncle Sam much more than you anticipated.
4. You suddenly took the wrong exit on the expressway, and you start to panic. Don’t panic! Instead, turn to your gps and find your way back to the right way. If your vehicle is not equipped with gps, know that some cell phones now have the same capability or ensure that you have the good old reliable map on your glove compartment.
5. Don’t consider pawning your valuables. While you can get them back once the loan is paid off, interest rates vary by State and worse, you may not be aware of the fact that you can be charged more than you can afford to let go.