I’m going to share part 1 of the different essentials that we need to stock up on in our pantry to enable us to make quick and simple dishes. If we have these ingredients on hand, it will definitely save us the time and make our lives in the kitchen a lot easier.
IN THE FREEZER:
- Ice cream, sorbet – Vanilla flavor specifically, when kept on standby, you can add any topping of your choice.
- Pie crust, bread dough or pizza – these will get a jump start on our baking chore.
- Frozen vegetables – i.e. peas can be good addition to soups, rice and pasta; stir-fry veggies are great when flavored with different sauces.
- Cooked shrimp – it’s quick to defrost and it is great for pasta, as a snack or appetizer.
- Pierogi, tortellini and ravioli – a great alternative over making them from scratch.
- Bread – either French or Italian loaf can be used as homemade croutons, bread crumbs and even personal pizza.
- Biscuits, rolls – a quick accompaniment or a good base for breakfast sandwiches.
- Cuts of meat such as chicken breast, flank steak and pork tenderloin – these are staples for weeknight dinners.