Here’s part 2:
IN THE CUPBOARD:
- Assorted crackers, olives, nuts and dried fruits – are great party nibbles and they are instant!
- Garlic, onions and potatoes – they are considered as starting point for tons of recipes.
- Couscous and instant rice – these are great when vegetables, dried fruits and spices are added.
- Canned beans, chicken broth and tomatoes – come in handy when making quick dip (just mash the beans and season); you can puree broth with frozen veggies to make soup; tomatoes can be tossed over pasta.
- Canned tuna, anchovies, sardines, crab meat – any of these can be used for creamy salads as well as delectable pasta sauces.
- Marinara sauce, jarred salsa, olive tapenade, pesto sauce – any of these can be used on its own as pasta sauce or mixed into mayonnaise or cream cheese to make a savory dipping sauce.
- Chocolate chips, baking chocolate – when added to pancakes or melts you can make a delicious and easy sweet sauce.