I’m now on the last part of my pantry essentials series. After I share these last few items with you, I’ll be free to thoroughly search online for the very much sought after cigar brand: Drew Estate, for my husband’s boss who is celebrating his birthday soon.
IN THE REFRIGERATOR:
- Lettuce, carrots and celery – are basic vegetables and are the basis for quick salads, snacks and even simple side dishes.
- Eggs, butter – good for frittata or omelet as well as baked goods.
- Lemons, limes – both the zest and the juice lends flavor to practically any dish.
- Fruits in- season – what can be better ending to a meal? And that is, with or without yogurt or cream.
- Cheese – have Cheddar or Mozzarella for melting; Romano or Parmesan for grating.
- Half-and-half and heavy cream – great for enriching sauces and of course for whipping up a dessert topping.
- Vegetables in-season – whether grilled or roasted, they are essentials to an easy side dish.