You head out to the perfumery section of a Department Store, and you are just overwhelmed with the many choices available. Add to that, the pressure you get from a very aggressive salesperson. Here are some tips to ensure you get the fragrance that best suits you.
- Don’t sample more than three fragrances at once. Your nose will get confused.
- Block your left nostril when auditioning a scent. Sniffing through the right nostril will heighten the pleasure factor.
- Test a scent strip first before dabbing it on. If it somehow appeals to you, try a bit on, walk away and see how it wears on you. It’s okay, don’t be timid to tell that aggressive saleswoman, she knows what this means.
- Take charge. Tell the salesperson a bit about what you prefer.
- Don’t put fragrance on your hair. The sebaceous glands on the scalp will make fragrance too pungent.
Let me reiterate, don’t take that pressure from the friendly fragrance consultant. They are there to push their brand. It’s best you decide and try to take your time in picking your scent. If you are not absolutely convinced, there’s always tomorrow or next weekend. By then, you may be confident you know which one is the perfect scent for you.